2. ApplicationThis Notice relates to your personal data, i.e. data about you, an individual, from which you can be identified.This Notice therefore does not apply to any data insofar as it is held, processed, disclosed or published in a form which cannot be linked to a living individual (such as anonymized data, aggregated data, or data which, in a given form, cannot be identified, directly or indirectly, with a specific individual ("Anonymized and Aggregated Data"). We reserve the right to generate Anonymized and Aggregated Data extracted out of any databases containing your personal data and to make use of any such Anonymized and Aggregated Data as we see fit.While this Notice is intended to establish a standard for our information processing activities globally, those processing activities maybe more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws.For example, the laws of a particular country may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that personal information. In those circumstances, we comply with relevant local laws and regulations.
4. Responsibility for Data Control & ProcessingWhere your personal data is collected and processed in connection with our Services, Village is the entity which is responsible for processing the data. If you have any questions or concerns about Village’s use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Country of ProcessingWe operate the Services from the United States of America(USA) and our data collection and processing activities take place predominantly in the USA. Accordingly, data collected from users when using ourServices is collected in the USA. We store and otherwise process data(including personal data) through third party cloud service providers and otherIT service providers which may be located or which may operate in other countries.
6. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data(g) Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device that are provided by the operating system. Certain advertising identifiers may be modified or disabled by users in the operating system's settings. (h) LocationData. When you access or use the Services using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store "location data,"which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Services. Some features of theServices, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled. (i) CommercialCommunications. Insofar as permitted under applicable law, we may use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you in relation to the Services or related services we offer. Subject where legally required to your consent to receiving such communications, we may use the information to communicate with you in relation to other services that we and our affiliates offer. For example, we may use the information to send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. We may also use the information to send you service-related notices (e.g., account verification, technical and security notices). (j) Use of CertainService-Type Information. We may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, clear GIFs and other tools to: (i)remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visitor the next time you use the Services; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information to you or others; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of theServices; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi)provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys. (k) Use of Information with Your Consent. We may use your information for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
7. Automated Decision-MakingWe do not anticipate that any decisions will be taken about you based solely on automated decision-making that will have a significant impact on you. However, we will update this Notice if this position changes.
8. The Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal DataThe purposes for which we collect and store your personal data are the following:) To enable us to deliver the Services to you and to enable you to use them efficiently(b) Insofar as permitted under applicable law, to communicate with you in relation to the Services and other services that we offer; (c) To personalize, test, monitor, improve and upgrade theServices; (d) For loss prevention purposes and to protect and enforce our rights and meet our obligations to third parties; (e) To meet our legal obligations and the regulatory requirements to which we are subject, if necessary to assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas or court orders; and (f) For our internal business purposes, such as compiling and analyzing usage information for general operational, statistical and business purposes.
9. Your ResponsibilitiesIt is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. If you provided us with any details of personal data, please keep us informed if such details change.
10. Legal Basis for Processing Your DataThe processing of your information is lawful on the basis of the following:(a) Where relevant, the fulfillment of our contractual obligations to you or at your request prior to entering into a contract with us, where we process your information at your request as part of the Services;(b) Compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject, including to comply with legal process (see further below); (c) our legitimate interests in(among other things) providing and administering the Services, conducting commercial research, improving and maintaining the Services, personalizing and tailoring content made available to you through the Services, protecting the security or integrity of our databases, protecting our business or reputation, taking precautions against legal liability, dealing with our assets in the event of a business change (see further below), protecting and defending our rights or property, required institutional risk control, or for resolving disputes, investigating and attending to inquiries or complaints with respect to your use of the Services; and (d) where none of the above applies, where relevant, we may rely on your consent for the processing of your data.
11. How We May Share Your Information(a) Business Associates and Service Providers. We may share information about you with third-party business associates and service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with theServices, for example, providers of information technology support services or data analytics services. Where your information is shared with such third parties, we ensure that the third-party service provider will deal with your information only on our behalf and on our written instructions and solely for the benefit of our business (and not for its own benefit).(c) Business Change. If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to successor party or parties in connection with such transaction or change in ownership or legal structure.(d) Necessary Disclosure. We may disclose information about you to third parties to: (i) enforce or apply our contractual or legal rights; (ii) comply with laws, subpoenas, warrants, court orders, legal processes or requests of government or law enforcement officials; (iii) protect our rights, reputation, safety or property, or that of our clients or others; (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or (vi) investigate, prevent or take action regarding known or suspected illegal activities, fraud, violation of our rights, reputation, safety or property, or those of our users or others; or as otherwise required by law.(e) Sharing information. We may share certain service-type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business associates who may use such information for the purposes described in the section titled "How WeCollect and Use information."(f) Aggregated data. As mentioned above, we may also aggregate or otherwise strip information of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties or publish it. This data does not personally identify you and helps us to measure the success of the Services and their features and to improve your experience. We reserve the right to make use of any such aggregated data as we see fit.
12. How We Protect Your InformationWe take certain physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you provide through the Services against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal data will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. We assume no liability for disclosure of your information due to transmission errors, third-party access or causes beyond our control.
13. Your Choices About Your Information(a) Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information byadjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device. Pleaseconsult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system ordevice for the controls available to you. You can also stop receivingpromotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in thoseemails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails concerningyour relationship or dealings with us.(b) Do Not Track. At this time, we do notrecognize "do not track" signals sent from web browsers. In some cases,your browser may offer a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal tooperators of websites, mobile applications, and services (including behavioraladvertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain ofyour online activities over time and/or across different websites and mobileapplications and services. Disabling tracking mechanisms may disable certainfeatures of the Services. To disable tracking, please consult the documentationfor your browser, operating system or mobile device. For some devices, it maynot be possible to disable tracking mechanisms. You may also disable trackingby certain third-party services by opting out.
14. How Long We Keep Your InformationWe will only retain your personal data for as long as necessaryto fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes ofsatisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.To determine the appropriate retention period for personaldata, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, thepotential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personaldata, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we canachieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
15. Children's PrivacyThe Services are not directed to children and are intendedfor use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect information fromindividuals under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 16, please donot submit any information through the Services.
17. EU Privacy RightsUsers based in the European Union have the following legalrights in respect of their information:(a) The right to require Village to confirm whether or nottheir information is being processed, the purpose of any such processing, the recipientsof any information that has been disclosed, the period for which theirinformation is to be stored and whether any automated decision-making processesare used in relation to their information; (b) The right to require Village torectify inaccurate information; (c) Where Village has relied on the ‘consent’basis for processing that information (see above), the right to withdraw theirconsent at any time. This right to withdraw consent does not affect thelawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal; (d) The rightto request the erasure of their information in certain circumstances (forexample, information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose forwhich it was collected); (e) The right to require Village to restrict itsprocessing of a user’s personal data in certain circumstances, such as wherethe accuracy of that data is disputed or an objection has been raised; (f) Theright (in certain circumstances) to receive their personal data in astructured, commonly used and machine-readable format; (g) The right to object(in certain circumstances) to the processing of personal data; (h) Users havethe right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authorityof the EU member state where the user resides.Please note that the above legal rights are subject tovarious conditions and exceptions including where the data is used forstatistical or scientific research purposes and the exercise of the right wouldprevent such purposes from being attained or would seriously impair theirattainment.